How to Increase Your Social Media Engagement - TOP Tip #2Nov 22, 2023
Welcome to tip number two! This one is a doozy. One of the most common questions I get is, "How do I increase our social media engagement?"
Below is a checklist that will help you quickly identify what engagement-increasing tactics you're missing and can implement straight way.
Answer these questions and if the answer to any are NO - you've found yourself a tactic to get your engagement up!
- Do you post consistently? Across all platforms consistency is more important than frequency, but generally 2-3 times a week is great.
- Do you have a list of the best times to post for your brand? If not, use your analytics to work out what these are!
- Are your posts written in a way to encourage engagement? Too many posts are closed and don't actually encourage the reader to interact.
- Are you using hashtags? Not for Facebook, but definitely on Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok.
- Do you vary the post formats/mediums you use? Platforms (particularly Instagram) like to mix up the content they deliver, so try status posts, images, carousels and videos in your mix.
- Do you use emojis? Believe it of not, they will boost engagement.
- Do you check your analytics at least once a month and analyse what your highest engaging posts were and why?
- Do you add locations and tags to your Instagram posts and Stories?
- Do you write long-form content on LinkedIn to maximise Dwell Time?
- Do you have a LinkedIn newsletter? These get great reach and engagement currently.
- Do you engage with other accounts regularly, as your Page? This is one of the biggest ones - particularly Instagram LOVES this.
- Do you invite people who like your Facebook posts to follow your Page? If people engage today, they are more likely to do it again.
- Do you use both feed posts and Stories on Instagram and Facebook? People engage differently, don't miss any big audiences.
- Do you engage in conversation with people who comment on your posts?
- Do you have a benchmark for your average (and industry average) engagement rates? A target goal for engagement rate?
- Are you crystal clear on who the audience is you're reaching on each of your social platforms? If you don't know who they are, how can you create content to engage them?
- Do you know what motivates your audience to interact with content on social media? Don't just know demographics. Understand what they think and feel as well.
- Do you create content designed to be shareable? Think - would I share this?
- Do you respond to comments and messages on your account quickly? Your engagement matters just as much as theirs.
- Is your content strategy focus on quality rather than quantity? Sometimes you may be posting too frequently and it's diluting your engagement.
- Do you start your posts with attention grabbing words? You don't have long to get attention. Make it count.
- Do you know where to find your engagement metrics for each account?
I hope this list has given you all some new ideas of things you can implement in your tactics to increase your engagement this week.
Get this weekly blog direct to your email!
i will never sell your information, for any reason.